Dr Wommm's Medicine Cabinet

30 August 2005

So Many Riffs, So Little Time



Fuck I feel a damn sight better now. My head feels clearer because I've been doing some serious riff writing. The roar of a fuzzedtofuckandback guitar at a stupid volume is still one of the best antidepressants I know of. You can take yr SSRIs, yr tranqs and yr mood stabilizers, I'll take six (and seven) strings over them anyday.
Bathed in phasing and filtered feedback my brain stops running in ever decreasing circles and puts it's feet up. I know when the music's good, because I stop conciously thinking, I'm just playing, letting my fingers go where they need to go, losing myself in the rush of sound, feeling the kick in my back from the low end when the amps maxed out and I'm whacking the crap out of the downtuned seven string, revelling in the biting, crystalline scream of the bottleneck on the semi, actually finding myself grinning like a fucking moron when I stomp on the fuzz and let rip with the bigsby. What can I say, I fucking love it.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jarrod said...

From one Blue Cheer fan to another. Participate in this evil chain if you'd like.

http://bbpow.blogspot.com/2005/08/i-am-it.html

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger The Outer Church said...

Wommm, I just found out that Ornette Coleman worked in elevators prior to his career in attempting to explain Harmolodics to befuddled jazz journos. I fucking love Wikipedia, me.

Thanks for the psyche-blues recommendations, by the way. I'll seek 'em...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home