Dr Wommm's Medicine Cabinet

26 January 2006

Pare El Aplastar De Mi Cabeza, O, ¿Conseguido Cualesquiera Largactil?

The last few days have been fucking horrible. The first real dark days in five months or so. Feels like my head's in a fucking vice. Can't get shit done at work, can't even derive any pleasure from insulting/patronising fuckwit architects who seem to believe that the role of an engineer is to circumvent the laws of physics as opposed to using them to achieve the desired result. Even mucking about with the analogue computer I've been trying to get my head round hasn't bought me the slightest fucking bit of technojoy.

At home it's even worse. Can't concentrate on anything, I've loads of emails and letters to write to friends overseas and I can't get past three words. can't even fucking get stoned 'cos that's just making me feel worse right now. I am so fucking sick of feeling like this, stranded, lonely, frustrated and hurt. I know it won't last forever, but that ain't the point, because when this happens it's really hard to remember what it's like when I'm not in this state, even though I was fine five days ago. I just feel like a total cunt right now and I'm really sorry if I've been a total arsehole or haven't returned yr call or whatever, just give me a few days and I'll be back to my "normal" self hopefully.

7 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said...

Have you tried switching reefer brands lately? Sometimes nasty hydro makes me feel exactly like that all day.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

Wise words mlle, totally in agreement with you on the hydro, I know a few people who are avoiding that shit these days...I need to get me get some good hash...

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger The Outer Church said...

Fucking hell, Wommm! I've had a really shit couple of days myself! Perhaps we're coming out in sympathy with each other... although I fear there's a fairly prosaic explanation for my malaise (see blog). Anyway, you're right. These periods don't last forever.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger The Outer Church said...

By the way, I totally relate to the comment about not remembering when you weren't in this state. I've been up and down like a yoyo and with each phase it seems like nothing's ever been different! I too, feel like a cunt. But y'know, it's easy to forget that we are not our problems.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

Too damn easy. Thanks for that man.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Everyone has days like that. When you do, just take the pressure off yourself. Stop beating yourself up for the things you haven't done, and concentrate on doing the little things, one at a time. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting out of bed, for doing the washing up, simple things like that. I know it's a cliche to say crap like "one day at a time" but when you're really down, that's how to get through.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

::hugs and transdimensional groovy vibrations::

P.S. if you feel up to a change of scenery, come round my house on Sunday. I'm having a little housewarming thing in Streatham. XOXO

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Dr Wommm said...

Y're so right, I'm just not very good at that, but then again, I'm not as shit as I used to be. Thanks for the cosmic hug too.

I might well see you Sunday, I'm gonna watch zombies rend stuff at the Tate Modern in the early eve, but after that, if it ain't too late, I'll be Streatham (O Beautiful SW16) bound.

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home