Dr Wommm's Medicine Cabinet

14 December 2005

El Vomitar Proyectil

Well, to be fair, I haven't quite reached the Exorcist level yet, but I do feel distinctly unpleasant, coughing and spluttering like a victorian consumptive. I just looked at my tongue in the mirror and I was frankly appalled. I think I've also discovered a new colour cos I'm fucked if I can describe the astoundingly revolting shade of ? that my tongue has gone. Apart from that, I'm pretty good considering.

So, as it's almost the end of the year, and I was discussing this earlier, and cos I do like a list, and cos thinking about this shit will stop me thinking about being spectactularly and colourfully ill, but mainly because there's been some seriously wonderful music released this year, here's my personal selection for 2005, 25 slabs of musical mindrot of various hues which, in my not-so-humble opinion, y'all should beg, steal or borrow...

Ilk - Canticle (VHF)
Boris - Pink (DIW/Phalanx)
Various - Congotronics Vol.2 (Crammed)
Soihadtoshoothim - Alpha Males & Popular Girls (Crucial Blast)
Growing - His Return (Megablade)
Skullflower - Orange Canyon Mind (Crucial Blast)
Spiral Joy Band - Lullabies For Jeff Dean (VHF)
Om - Variations On A Theme (Holy Mountain)
Black Witchery - Upheaval Of Satanic Might (Osmose)
Juan Atkins - The Berlin Sessions (Tresor)
Last Exit - Koln (Atavistic reissue)
Hototogisu - Ghosts Of The Sun (Important)
Various - Acid: Can You Jack? (Soul Jazz)
Earth - Hex: Or Printing In The Infernal Method (Southern Lord)
The Mass - Perfect Picture Of Wisdom And Boldness (Crucial Blast)
Vibracathedral Orchestra - Tuning To The Rooster (Important)
Carl Craig - The Album Formerly Known As... (Planet E)
Various - Vertigo Mixed (Family)
Asva - Futurists Against The Ocean (Web Of Mimicry)
Jonathon Kane - February (Table Of The Elements)
Pelt - Untitled (VHF)
Thralldom - Black Sun Resistance: Six Strain Ceremony (Total Holocaust)
Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies (Relapse)
Boris with Merzbow - Sun Baked Snow Cave (Hydra Head)
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings (Relapse) (I know it says 2004 on the sleeve, but I'm sure it didn't come out till February... I could be mistaken as that part of the year is a little hazy chronologically speaking in my memory, for a variety of reasons, but fuck it, even if it did come out last year, it's still the best fucking metal album ever, bar none. Especially Devilution, Cometh Down Hessian and Silver Back which have a comparable effect on me to crystal meth. Sorry. I seem to be getting carried away. Anyway...)

Reading back through the list a thought pops into my head. I wonder what it would sound like listening to all of these records simultaneously. Only one way to find out, I mean, what the fuck are powerful computers for if not for realizing every ludicrous concept that occurs to my fevered brain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home