Dr Wommm's Medicine Cabinet

15 May 2006

Redneck Tendencies

When it comes to music, I don't believe in guilty pleasures. Fuck it, if I like it, I like it. One form of music people really look down their noses at is Southern Rock. Well fuck you, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers, I even like White Witch and Hydra, and if the wind is blowing in the right direction, hell, I'll even listen to Black Oak Arkansas. And enjoy it. The reason I mention this is because there's a killer fucking twenty minute Allman Brothers live medley of You Don't Love Me/Soul Serenade on An Aquarium Drunkard that contains some of the finest southern-fried guitar you'll ever hear and the best two drummer rhythm section ever. So go check the fucker out. Who knows, you might discover yr inner redneck too...

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said...

Yay to the Allman Brothers. *My* brothers used to play me "Jessica" on my birthdays. Such a nice instrumental.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh blimey, Wommm, I got just the thing for you...new album by Howlin' Rain, which is a Comets on Fire/Sunburned Hand side project and is totally truck-drivin'. I can see you and YNAMOH honkin' down the gosh-darn highway to it when you finally make that epic road trip to Bristol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home